School Of Biological and Physical Sciences
- Biological & Physical Sciences
- Hits: 4504
Prof. Ambrose Kiprop
Dean School Of Biological & Physical Sciences
Ms. Faith Ogetto - School Coordinator
To be internationally recognized Centre of Excellence in Science disciplines.
To be the leading Science based center for Capacity Building, National Development and Wealth Creation through training of highly skilled manpower in Science based disciplines, research, and consultancy and extension services
The School of Biological and Physical Sciences was founded in 2011 as one of the Schools of Moi University. Following the elevation of Chepkoilel Campus to the status of a University College, there was need to establish a science school at the main campus that would offer science programmes at the same time servicing the other schools that offer science courses.
The school offers a myriad of programmes and flexibility in course selection to cater to your various interests, aspirations and talents. We are going to provide you with useful information on the types of courses available, exciting special programmes and relevant resources to help you make an informed decision. The School has six departments, namely: Botany, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics & Computer Science and Zoology. Six undergraduate academic programmes are offered namely; Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.), Bachelor of Science in Actuarial Science (AS), Bachelor of Science in Applied Statistics with Computing (AST), Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry, Bachelor of Science in Computer Science (CS) and Bachelor of Science in Microbiology. All our degree programs have Integrated Privately Sponsored Student Programs (PSSP) with the Government Sponsored Students (GSSP).
This gives consistency in student evaluation and offers equal opportunities in the training process for all the students in our School hence ensuring high quality of training. The School programs consist of coursework, laboratories, projects, field attachments and industrial visits. The School is in the process of equipping its laboratories.
- To teach and examine as per approved guidelines
- To review the curriculum for each academic programme in the department every four  years
- To conduct research and produce at least two  publications in refereed journals every academic year and attend and make scholarly presentations in at least two  conferences every academic year.
- Establish at least one  linkage in the department of physics, mathematics, statistics and computer science every academic year.
- Increase enrolment in postgraduate programmes by at least five  percent in subsequent academic years.
- Give at least two  career talks to secondary schools every academic year by organizing two  career open days in the department